THE REPORT

C O N T R I B U T O R S

Jesalyn Blount | David S. Blunk, II | David K. Geer | Justin Marshall | Isaac R. | Janine M. Surma | Ryanne Lumetta
Want to contribute as well? Or advertise? Or sponsor a project, release, or event? Email us.

CLICK TO VISIT GODCLUB.ORG

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Newest Mary #1: Gaahl



Okay, so I've been waiting on publishing this article to confirm the validity of some rather interesting statements, but it seems the most evil man alive has done it for me on his own.

Sorry ladies, but fucking GAAHL IS GAY!

Gaahl (Christened, of all names, Kristian Espedal), current frontman of unarguably the most evil band alive, Gorgoroth, has confirmed his homosexuality with Germany's Rock Hard magazine, via an article in their November 2008 issue.

This isn't news. It's especially not new news (the gossip has been flying since articles/blogs were posted around June). I'm posting this for two reasons. I find it relevant because, A: it's great to see an artist leading a completely radical, media-encrusted/infatuated, anti-established moral/religious lifestyle (there's no way I could say I agree with, well, most of the things this man has said or done, but his individualism, elegance, and creativity are definitely admirable); and, B: It's also completely fucking great to see the diaspora of comments relating to this in the "blogosphere (I can't believe I just typed that word...)."

Hardcore fansites like Blabbermouth and MetalSucks have things like this to say:

Good for him Says:
Good for him! And good for the metal community!

I am confident that the metal community will be the pioneering comunity with concern to leaving all ignorance-based prejudice behind (sic).

alerxtinwonderland Says:
Being openly gay is probably the most black metal you can possibly be. I love how die-hard Gorgoroth fans are so upset by this news. Apparently the[y] believe in Satan and hate Christianity yet they support the Christian concept of the traditional family unit.
Totally fun reading!

1 comments:

Isaac Royale said...

metal = faggotry, period, the end.


D O N A T I O N S

Donations help support further creative releases and events. Default donation: $6.66
-----

**

T A G S / L A B E L S


D I S C L A I M E R

Any musical content posted herein is either created by the Contributors, or published solely for promotional and evaluational purposes. All questionable content will be removed immediately upon request from the Creator. Please do not threaten to sue us. We know our rights. Stupid jerks.

F O L L O W E R S