THE REPORT

C O N T R I B U T O R S

Jesalyn Blount | David S. Blunk, II | David K. Geer | Justin Marshall | Isaac R. | Janine M. Surma | Ryanne Lumetta
Want to contribute as well? Or advertise? Or sponsor a project, release, or event? Email us.

CLICK TO VISIT GODCLUB.ORG

Wednesday, November 5, 2008


I'M SITTING HERE listening to hundreds of car horns, "fireworks (meaning gunshots, well also a couple real ones) ," hoots, hollers, and radios blaring (not to mention my own housecleaning soundtrack of strange analog electronic postpunk craziness (Wierd Records, anyone?). It's exciting. I'm typically apolitical (or a bit more anarchic than political, maybe just a bit more punk in my outlook), but I am excited.

It is quite profoundly more important, exciting, and endearing to set the precedent of somebody in our nation's highest office of another race (mixed even!) than it would have been to have a female exist as rightwing cohort second-in-command fallto diplomatic eyecandy.

Maybe now we can enact some of this change that's been battered into our psyche -- maybe, just maybe, we can take some steps toward a little bit more forward thought and ingenuity.

I think the first step is to completely forget Sarah Palin even happened. The idiocy, the sensationalism, the spending of public funds, donations even, on a designer wardrobe, the out-and-outspoken fear and hatred of things "other" to her (foreigners, deviants, basically everything I love). Who would have been able to stand another Dan Quayle anyway (I know, I know, I am from Indiana, but that man had NO grounds for vice-presidency, right?)?

LET'S ALL JUST have a mental margarita and take a breath, thanking the majority for not being able to stomach another vehemently hermetic and fundamentalist regime-type democracy.

0 comments:


D O N A T I O N S

Donations help support further creative releases and events. Default donation: $6.66
-----

**

T A G S / L A B E L S


D I S C L A I M E R

Any musical content posted herein is either created by the Contributors, or published solely for promotional and evaluational purposes. All questionable content will be removed immediately upon request from the Creator. Please do not threaten to sue us. We know our rights. Stupid jerks.

F O L L O W E R S